Namibia & Kgalagadi Safari
Discover Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park on the South Eastern border of Namibia.
Climb some of the highest dunes in Sossusvlei, visit the eerie trees of Dead Vlei, and explore Sesriem Canyon.
As you make your way to Swakopmund and Walvis Bay, pass through the charming, laid-back small-town, Solitaire, and enjoy their famous Apple Pie!
Travel up the Skeleton Coast where the cold Benguela Current of the Atlantic ocean crashes into the dunes and desert landscape, and shipwrecks and whale skeletons lay scattered across the coastline.
Embark on a ‘Living Desert Tour’ and discover life beyond the harsh conditions of the Desert.
Venture on a luxurious Catamaran in Walvis Bay in search of the Marine Big 5!
Admire the natural phenomenon of the Moon landscape, Welwitschia plains and unique rock formations and scenery of the Spitzkoppe.
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Twyfelfontein, where well-preserved petroglyphs, i.e. ancient rock engravings can be found.
Take a trip to the Petrified Forest, with scattered petrified tree trunks of up to 34 meters long and are estimated to be about 280 million years old.
Enjoy spectacular game viewing in the biggest wildlife park in Namibia, the Etosha National Park, which is famous for its massive salt pan that can be seen from space!
See the national heritage site with the biggest meteorite found on Earth to date, the Hoba Meteorite, that is weighs about 60 tonnes!
Safari Package Information
Airfare from Johannesburg (JNB) to Upington (UTN) and return from Windhoek (WDH) to Johannesburg (WDH)
Accommodation as per the itinerary
All meals – Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (lunch and dinner on arrival date only, and breakfast only on departure date)
Beverages – Soft drinks, mineral water, coffee, tea, and local beer and wine
Services of a FGASA Qualified guide (own guide per group)
All road transfers during the safari as per the itinerary
All activity admission fees as specified in the itinerary
- Once-off laundry services halfway during Safari
International and additional domestic airfare
Visas, insurance cover and medical requirements, such as vaccinations and preventatives
Premium alcoholic beverages such as spirits
Additional transportation or hire of vehicles
Additional activities not included in or specified in the itinerary
Personal items such as snacks, gifts and souvenirs
- Laundry Services
From experience we understand that frequent travelers belong to travel or mileage rewards programs and that they prefer to use these miles for their trips. However, we do offer an additional service at a small fee to assist with airfare bookings and itineraries.
We welcome guests of all ages!
- Children between under 2 years will be on a complimentary basis with two sharing adults.
- Children aged 2 to 11 will be charged 50% of the adult rate.
- Children aged 12 and up are considered adults and will be charged the applicable adult rates.
Please take note that the Best of Kruger Region’s child policy rates may differ from our other safari packages’ child policies in terms of the ages’ pricing.
- Malaria – most areas in South Africa are low risk and seasonal, however, Kruger National Park is a moderate risk area and therefore preventatives are recommended. Please consult your medical practitioner or nearest travel clinic about malaria prophylaxis medicines. Common prophylactics include Doxicycline, Malanil, Mefliam, Malarone and Primaquine.
- Yellow Fever – a valid international yellow fever certificate is required for travelers over the age of 1 year old that is traveling from a Yellow Fever risk country or having been in transit for 12 hours or more at an airport in a country with a risk of Yellow Fever transmission.
For non-sharing guests, a 30% single supplement fee will be levied for any single adult/child on top of the applicable adult or child rate.
The following activities are not included in the package but can be added to your safari at an additional cost.
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Quad Biking
- Scenic Helicopter & Microlight Flights
Please let us know in advance of any possible additions to your itinerary as most of the activities require a pre-booking.